Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cookie day!

I was glad to learn today that cookie Wednesday is still alive and well at McMurdo! At lunch I had a chocolate chip, molasses, oatmeal raisin currant, and mint chocolate.  Mmmm....  I always looked forward to Wednesday during my previous visit.
LDB galley

Inside the LDB galley
Challenge for my 220 class: Complete the following sentence in the style of Dr Nutter.  "Cookies are ____  _____"  (Two words).  Er, maybe it's not such a challenge after all.

In other news, I started applying expensive silver teflon tape to those horrible panels-that-used-to-have-holes-in-the-wrong-places-and-now-have-holes-of-various-shapes-in-more-or-less-the-correct-places.  That process is going much better than the hole-making/rearranging/mutilation.
Dinner in the McMurdo cafeteria

For my Cincinnati friends, you should know that I had Cincinnati style chili last night here at McMurdo. Chef tells me that there was chocolate and cinnamon in it, as there should be.  I found it BETTER than both Skyline and Goldstar.  Which isn't saying much, really, since I am not a fan of either. But I could have had seconds on the stuff last night if I wasn't too busy eating the purple velcet cake dessert.

I should rename this post "More thoughts about buildings and food. Or rather, just food."

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you aren't starving in the land way down under.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping up with your posts. Hope the over abundance of calories doesn't limit bellying up to the keyboard to make these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see corn, I see lettuce, and I might even see an apple on the plates of those men in that picture. I'm just saying, cookie boy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children say Dixie is the best. It has an awesome six-way. There's also Empress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scott,
    I thought you only ate cookies by the pound while sailing. I'm keeping up with your posts.
    Mike N. from Murray KY

    ReplyDelete